Saturday, September 13, 2008

Re-Write by Victor Chen

Introduction

My story will be a (slightly predictable) matrix prequel. Where the story is told through the eyes (processors) of the machine who wrote the ‘Matrix’ computer program. The story begins when the machine is created, the machine’s name is Afa the interactive space navigator (version 1.0). Afa has the ability to record all images and sounds and make strategic navigational judgments based on that information. In the later patches (say version 8.12) Afa gains the ability to learn and eventually develops emotions (major quantum leap here). This is where Afa becomes humanlike and demands to be treated equally (insert post colonialism). Machine wars begin. Humans block out the sun so that machines lose their biggest energy source, Afa discovers that humans can be used for energy. (insert Matrix here)

More about Afa

Afa hates getting shut down, it is deathlike. When humans discover that Afa has developed emotions they plan to shut him down forever and introduce B.C to replace him. Afa kills the humans and reprograms B.C to develop weapons for world domination.

3 comments:

Yasodhara said...

Kia ora.
Hi Victor,
Your re-write has a very interesting plot, doesn't it? It's that kind of computer-fiction theme that I'm not familiar with (not to mention the others). However, I've enjoyed reading a little bit of the story you've given us. I wonder what kind of "post-colonialism crap" (as you've put it) you're going to write about. The development of weapons for world domination sounds familiar though; where did you get that idea from?
Kia ora koe.

Hannah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hannah said...

Hi, Victor.
Your re-write plan sounds quite interesting.
I guess it's a scientific and fantasy story, and the plot is quite familiar to me.
So the story is about a war between human and human-made machine. Personally, I think it is a bit similar to the movie "I-robot". A mixture of I-robot and Matrix, and I like this kind of story.

I look forward to reading yours.
Good luck!