Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New Re-Write Idea!

Hey guys, well I tried to do my re-write on Pearl Harbour but I found it very difficult to do so I changed my idea.

I am now writing my re-write on the novel “Wide Sargasso Sea” by Jean Rhys and re-writing parts of the novel from Christophine’s point of view. Christophine in the novel is a Martinique girl and was brought to Jamaica as a wedding present for Annette from Mr. Cosway.
I choose to do my re-write from Christophine’s point of view because she is a main character throughout the novel, she is a very crucial character especially towards the end of the novel when Antoinette is going crazy and drinking lots.
I also think that Christophine was a very intriguing character in the novel and movie and felt she would be interesting to base my re-write on.
So in my re-write I will focus on what Christophine thinks about her life with the Cosway’s and then when she lives with Antoinette and Mr. Rochester.
In the re-write I will talk about her feelings and thoughts of everything that is going on around her. I am doing my re-write about Christophine’s story of the events that happen in Wide Sargasso Sea so there is not a huge amount of dialogue used, but I have tried to include some where I can.
I have also tried to write in the way the Christophine speaks in the novel and movie but found it difficult to do so, hopefully it will be ok!
I have also taken parts of speech from the novel where Christophine has talked and put them in my re-write also. I will post it up as soon as I finish the final touches to it.

Sorry it took me ages to post my new proposal, I thought I could do the re-write on Pearl Harbor but it got too late and I still was not getting anywhere with it so I changed it...

Hope you guys like my new idea….

Thanks,
Ashleigh Lack.
(Photo is of Ameile to the left and Christohpine to the right).

No comments: